Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Solar energy, art and developing world: little introduction about myself


Et voilĂ , here I am! The blog is ready, a new exciting experience to present my solar art creations and, of course, some information about solar and sustainable energies.

My name is Alexandre, I’m French and I've been living and working in Belgium for about 10 years. Having an engineering background, I like to define myself as an artist-engineer...wired?! No, come on...only think about Leonardo da Vinci: he was a scientist applying his studies to art...of course I don’t want to compare myself to a genius as Leonardo Da Vinci...perish the thought! But the concrete idea is not that different, isn't it? ;) 

My work combines aesthetics to solar energy…it’s called SOLAR ART!

But let’s have a better perspective on the situation…
During your studies you have probably learnt that the sun is the star shining at the center of Solar System and consisting of hot plasma interwoven with magnetic fields. But you also learnt that flowers need sun to be able to make the photosynthesis and that humans need solar light to grow strong and to not get depressed...
Sun makes you willing to live, Sun provides energy...SUN BRINGS LIFE! 



The question is: do we really use the energetic potential of the Sun? Mostly not! Even if the sun provides 10,000 times more energy to the earth than humans need, more than 1.7 billion people still do not have access to electricity. A more intensive use of solar energy will help providing electricity and basic services to people who still need it!The pressing need to address this issue is the driving force of my artistic and humanitarian commitment: that's why all the rights of my artworks are donated to the NGO Solar Solidarity, that I have co-founded in 2006.

Solar-Solidarity-International-is-an-NGO-created-by-Alexandre-Dang

This NGO has two main objectives:
1. Raise awareness of the potential of renewable sources of energy (particularly the sun);
2. Raise funds to support humanitarian project using renewable and solar photovoltaic technology to provide energy to the developing world.



Solar Solidarity has already supported some nice solar electrification projects, mostly in Africa, but there is still lot to do! To give electricity means to provide a better life style to people and to enable hospitals to work also at night and to conserve medicines and vaccines. It also means a better education for people and the possibility to be connected with the rest of the world thanks to the web. 
There are lots of ways to sustain the developing world and that’s the one I choose: it is green, it is sustainable and it will provide energy for free! 
And you, what do you think about green and sustainable energies? 

If you want to know more about Solar Solidarity: www.solarsolidarity.org

Talk to you soon!
Alexandre

No comments:

Post a Comment